She would get several calls a day from unknown phone numbers that were out of our area code.
When she answered the call, no one would be there.
She hadn’t given out her cell phone number to any unscrupulous sources so she didn’t know why she was getting the calls.
After getting about 15 of these calls over a period of two days, we decided to take action.
We found the Do Not Call Registry and registered her cell phone number. I did the same for mine for safe measures.
My daughter also blocked the phone numbers on her Android phone.
Thanks to those to steps, the unwanted calls have stopped.
We’re very happy. 🙂
Are you getting any unwanted calls to your Android phone? Here’s how you can block them:
- Tap the Phone icon on your phone. (It’s a green square with a phone on it.)
- Select the Logs tab.
- Tap on the phone number you want to block.
- Tap the Menu button on your phone.
- Select Add to Auto reject list.
Done. That phone number should be blocked.
Now if you want to try to prevent unwanted calls from coming to your cell phone, I would do these things.
- Be careful who you give your phone number to. This is especially true online. Once your phone number is out in the virtual world, it has the potential to be taken and sold to telemarketers.
- Add your phone number to the Do Not Call Registry. You can add up to three numbers to this list so I would input your home number and cell phone number.
There you have it. With any luck, your cell phone will be spared those annoying calls that your landline gets so often.
Now spread the word about this process so you can help your friends and neighbors block unwanted calls.